The Accounting Manager will have responsibility for the general ledger accounting and statutory reporting for Credit Law Center and several related entities. This includes the preparation of financial statements and management reporting. The Accounting Manager will also establish accounting standards and policies including but not limited to revenue recognition, cash management relating to asset procurement and accounts payable, and employee bonus and commission plans. The candidate should also be an expert in analyzing P&L and Balance Sheet for trends to ensure items are properly accounted for in accordance with GAAP. Day to day responsibilities will include balance sheet accounts maintenance, staff supervision, and identification, documentation and implementation of accounting best practices and process improvements. The candidate will work side by side with the Director of Operations, Lead Attorney, Chief Operating Officer, and accounting staff.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Create and Manage the financial statement reporting including analytical review of actuals to budgets
- Hands-on work to setup, maintain and improve upon the accounting processes and related systems
- Assist with the testing and integration of customized Accounts Receivable subledger application.
- Knowledge of accounting for payroll and benefits
- Ability to work with individuals (both inside and outside of the organization) to provide source information as necessary to ensure that all transactions are appropriately accounted for.
- Report results to management team on a routine and timely basis
- Identify, communicate and put into place best practices for internal controls over financial reporting and segregation of duties.
- Work with management team and outside tax accountant to understand and properly account for tax strategy decisions.
- Supervise and provide on-going training to staff accountants